Production Assistant (Summer Position)
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
April 26, 2021
Supervising Producer, Production
April 09, 2021
September 03, 2021
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. CFC delivers a range of multidisciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media.
Provides support to the CFC Production & Post teams in all areas of production, post-production and programs administration.
- Acting as a production assistant on any CFC program-related shoots as needed
- General production office support as required by the Production & Post team, including checking and entering deal memos and production paperwork; logging equipment; building contact and invite lists; assisting with crewing; organizing production files; logging of crew and cast information into the CFC’s production database; updating the online calendar, equipment lists and shooting schedules
- Assisting Post Coordinator with various A/V setups at the CFC as required
- Assisting with the CFC on site edit systems as required and where able
- Assisting with sound edit work, as possible and where required
- General assistance with Post-production administration, logging, filing, etc.
- Provide back-up assistance to reception as required
- Providing general administrative support to the Programs team in the planning and execution of program activities, including scheduling, booking meetings, filing, logging, data entry, etc.
- Gathering alumni update, such as successes, information, project status and news
- Assisting with archiving program-related materials
- Applicants should be working towards a degree or diploma in arts management, film or media production or a related field
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills - written and verbal
- Positive attitude
- Ability to organize, follow-up, plan, prioritize, and problem-solve
- Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Outlook
- Experience with web content management systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9, 2021 and indicate “Production Assistant” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.