Application Deadline: May 12, 2023
Location: Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
Reports to: Director of Finance & Facilities
Position Type: Summer Contract
Start Date: June 2023
Compensation: $18 per hour + vacation pay
Hours: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday-Thursday (34 hours per week)
As Horticulturalist, you will be a crucial member of the team maintaining Windfields Estate. Windfields is a designated heritage property. It features eight buildings, two woodlots, hedgerows and gardens, and more than 200 specimen trees.
The Horticulturalist is responsible for employing best practices in the care of the property. This position offers a diverse range of hands-on responsibilities.
- Inspect gardens, shrubs and trees for insects and disease, and communicate observations
- Water and weed as required
- Planting, mulching, fertilizing and pruning as required
- Recommend transplanting, replacement or removal of plants, shrubs and trees
- Maintain the water feature
- Maintain the gardening and arboreal tools
- Remove invasive species
- Update the CFC’s Landscape and Garden plan, documenting with photos and text
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Enrolled in or completed a Horticultural, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Design, Arborist, Forest Management or related program at the post-secondary level
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job including: bending, lifting, utilizing hand tools
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2023, and indicate “Horticulturalist” in the subject line.
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable, cultural organization that drives the future of Canadian storytelling. Our intensive, hands-on programs in film, television and entertainment technologies empower, shape and advance opportunities for Canadian creators and entrepreneurs working in screen-based industries. Learn more at cfccreates.com.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF Format) to email@example.com [deadline] and indicate “[job-title]” in the subject line.
The CFC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage interested applicants from all backgrounds to apply, including those that may not have all of the requested qualifications. We strive for equity in our policies and practices and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from the CFC.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Share this post: