The WGC Screenwriting Awards are now in their 25th year of celebrating excellence in Canadian screenwriting across Canadian series, films, documentaries and webseries, and we are pleased to see several CFC alumni among the nominees for this year’s awards. Winners will be announced at a virtual ceremony on April 26, 2021.
See below for the full list of CFC alumni nominated for this year’s WGC Awards.
- Cardinal: Until the Night, “Adele” I Written by Sarah Dodd
- Transplant, “Pilot” I Written by Joseph Kay
- Transplant, “Trigger Warning” I Written by Lynne Kamm
- Transplant, “Under Pressure” I Written by Tamara Moulin
- Trickster, “Episode 105” I Story by Tony Elliott
- Akilla’s Escape I Story by Charles Officer, Screenplay by Charles Officer & Motion
- Beans I Story by Tracey Deer, Screenplay by Tracey Deer and Meredith Vuchnich
SHORTS & WEBSERIES
- Queens, “Minnie and Sharron”I Written by Pat Mills
TWEENS & TEENS
- Malory Towers, “The Ghost” I Written by Kate Hewlett
See the full list here. Congratulations to all of this year’s nominees!
Share this post: