Development & Events- Intern
Application Deadline: March 10, 2023
Location: 2 days at Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue and 2 days remote
Reports to: Director, Partnerships & Events, Development
Position Type: Unpaid Coop/Internship
Start Date: May 2023
Compensation: Unpaid Coop/Internship
Hours: Monday through Thursday (34 hours per week with flexible start times)
Development & Event Interns have a variety of tasks and responsibilities ranging from sponsorship communication, volunteer management, assisting in the production and execution of events, and administrative tasks. This internship offers hands-on experience in events and fundraising, the teamwork involved in business dynamics, and standard organizational practices. Under the direction of CFC Director, Partnerships & Events, Development and Coordinator, Development & Events; the internship duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Volunteer Recruiting & Management Lead (Gala – May 11, 2023):
- Supervise and manage a volunteer network (e.g., recruitment, screening, interview, placement, training, orientation retention and recognition)
- Participate in the development and delivery of orientation and training programs for volunteers
- Promote volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment, publicity strategies and campaigns
- Interview and recruit volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Preparation of all volunteer information and commitment forms
- Reporting and updating volunteer manual post-events
Fundraising and Sponsorship Management support:
- Researching new potential sponsors
- Compilation of sponsorship post-event reports
- Live Auction packages and Raffle Support
- Create proposals (cash and DIK)
- Draft contracts and invoices
- Organize all admin documents
Provide departmental support to the Development and Events team, including:
- Database entry (Salesforce)
- Events guest lists management
- Administrative support and taking meeting minutes
- Sponsorship management support, researching new potential sponsors, proposals, invoicing
- Compilation of sponsorship post-event reports (if applicable)
- Tax receipts
Assist with CFC Events:
- CFC Annual Gala & Auction planning (May 11, 2023)
- CFC Annual Homecoming Fundraiser planning (September 10, 2023)
- Circle of Supporters screenings (if applicable)
- CFC Speaker Series (if applicable)
- Internal events, meetings, lunches etc.
- External events
- Other events as required
- Attend all departmental meetings and events listed above
- Front desk Reception duties as required
- Other duties as required
- Registered in a college program that provides credits for internships
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with attention to detail
- Exceptional at multitasking, problem-solving, meeting deadlines, and working under pressure
- Must be organized, resourceful and motivated, with strong team-building skills
- Related training or experience in fundraising or planning events
Note: Only students currently enrolled in a related academic program and returning to their studies will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce (or similar database)
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Acrobat is an asset
- Ability to interact, liaise and communicate effectively and easily with a broad range of internal and external people in a professional and ethical manner
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to be proactive, determining new tasks and department efficiencies
- High-level presentation and interpersonal skills
- Patient, amiable, and good-humoured
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF Format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2023, and indicate “Development & Events- Intern” in the subject line. Applicants should also include their internship requirements.
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable, cultural organization that drives the future of Canadian storytelling. Our intensive, hands-on programs in film, television and entertainment technologies empower, shape and advance opportunities for Canadian creators and entrepreneurs working in screen-based industries. Learn more at cfccreates.com.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (PDF Format) to email@example.com [deadline] and indicate “[job-title]” in the subject line.
The CFC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We encourage interested applicants from all backgrounds to apply, including those that may not have all of the requested qualifications. We strive for equity in our policies and practices and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CFC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from the CFC.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
Share this post: