Achimostawinan Games is an Indigenous owned and operated video game company dedicated to developing Indigenous games for an Indigenous audience (and the world) while also helping Indigenous artists and communities develop interactive and digital content.
At Achimostawinan Games, we strive to create stories that speak to you. After all, Achimostawinan means, “Tell us a story” in Cree. We believe in crafting original Indigenous stories for everyone.
Meagan Byrne - Owner and Project Leader
Our newest game is Hill Agency: PURITY & decay. It’s a detective mystery game where you play as a tough as nails P.I. solving everything from petty crimes to global conspiracies all while exploring the various different worlds that make up North America of the future.
Press, Awards & Achievements:
- Making Indigenous games won't limit their appeal
- This Space is Ours to Keep (FOAM #56)
- The next chapter of Indigenous representation in video games
- Native video game developers change the narrative
- Indigenizing the digital world
- Meagan Byrne Is Crafting Brave New Worlds At This Year's iNdigital Space