Sarah Selecky Writing School
Sarah Selecky Writing School is an online creative writing school that approaches writing as an art, and also as a contemplative practice. We believe that skill comes from study, that inspiration comes from love, and that both are necessary.
Sarah Selecky - Founder
The foundation of Sarah Selecky Writing School is downloadable online creative writing program the Story Course. Writers can advance their study by taking the Story Intensive and the Story Workshop, enrolling in self-guided Writing Practice Sessions, purchasing a Daily Writing Prompts e-subscription, and participating in in-person and online Special Programs.
The Sarah Selecky Writing School recently opened Writing Through Uncertainty, a free space to use writing as an anchor, connect with peers, and meet for daily free-writing. Join and share with someone who needs it.
Press, Awards & Achievements:
- Reviews of Sarah Selecky's most recent book, Radiant Shimmering Light:
- “[Selecky’s] deadpan tone, punchy writing, and vivid characters transport readers to a specific, highly diverting world that hits close to the bone and sparks the self-reflection it’s spoofing.” — Booklist
- “A killer satire . . . [and] a funny, tender, gimlet-eyed dive into the cult of self-improvement.” — Kirkus Reviews
- “Social satire + cultural insight whipped into a yummy froth!” — @MargaretAtwood
- “...explores the power and distraction of social media, the paths to creativity, and how intense devotion to a cause can either consume one’s identity or allow one to flourish, resulting in a searing look at mass market–oriented transformation.” — Publishers Weekly
- Available now in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and more, and optioned for television by Muse Entertainment.
- Podcast interviews with Sarah:
- A candid conversation with Misread Podcast
- A conversation with Kim Davids Mandar Bookish Radio
- TNP102: Sarah Selecky + Radiant Shimmering Light (Carmen Spagnola) Numinous Podcast
- #100: A conversation with Caroline Donahue The Secret Library
- Book review - Radiant Shimmering Light by Sarah Selecky
- Review: Good things come in small packages with the short stories of Little Bird Writing Contest