Short Dramatic Film Program
this program is currently not in session.
The Short Dramatic Film Program (SDF) launches exciting, original voices and concepts into the international marketplace. You will produce high-quality short films that inspire confidence in your ability to deliver engaging stories and showcase content that could be further commercialized as feature films, web or television series.
This is a five-month advanced filmmaking initiative for directors and creative teams consisting of writers, producers, editors, composer and songwriters. We offer a 360-degree concept-to-market experience.
The connection between a larger story and vision, and the ability of a creative team to encapsulate and engage an audience with a short film, provides an extremely effective sales and packaging tool for your future properties.
- Articulating and realizing creative vision
- Elevating team and resource management skills
- Developing marketing and audience engagement strategies
- Accelerating production and delivering content
- Offers customized mentorship and access to accomplished international advisors
- Establishes strong professional relationships with the Canadian production and post-production community
- Exercises your team’s creative and business leadership skills
- Empowers filmmakers to embrace the economy of cinematic storytelling
- Generates significant traction for filmmakers and future projects
The CFC would like to acknowledge the co-operation of the Toronto Performers Branch of the ACTRA Performers Guild.
Original music supported through the CFC/Slaight Family Music Fund