TELEFILM CANADA TALENT TO WATCH PROGRAM
The Telefilm Canada Talent to Watch program (formerly the Micro-Budget Production program), is intended to support emerging filmmakers seeking to produce, digitally distribute and promote their first feature-length films or other format of narrative-based audiovisual content made specifically for online distribution.
Telefilm Canada's support under this program will be provided through three separate streams: the Selective stream, the Fast Track stream, and the Festival Selection stream. Under the Selective stream, financing will be given to projects chosen among those recommended by designated industry partners, of which the CFC is one.
Please note that Telefilm Canada has posted updated guidelines and program details for the 2018 Talent to Watch Program (formerly the Micro-Budget Production Program), which can be found here: https://telefilm.ca/en/financing/talent-to-watch.
OVERVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- The key members of the creative team must be emerging talent:
- Team members must already have produced, directed and/or written at least one short film (i.e. 30 minutes or less) but must not have produced, directed or written a feature length film (i.e. 75 minutes or more).
- Producers who have previously produced one feature film that has received funding under the Micro-Budget Production Program will also be considered as emerging talent.
- The writer and director of the creative team must be recent alumni of CFC, from any of our programs, labs or initiatives. The producer may be non-alumni, provided they match the emerging talent criteria listed above.
- The key members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
OVERVIEW OF PROJECT REQUIREMENTS:
- Projects must be fictional or documentary audiovisual projects produced in English, French or an Indigenous language that are either:
- Feature length films of 75 minutes or more; or
- Any other type of narrative-based audiovisual content made in a format specifically designed for online audiences. These types of projects can be comprised of one or more segments which, in total, must be more than 10 minutes in length.
- All projects must be distributed on one or more digital platforms.
- All projects must be completed within 18 months of receipt of an invitation to apply from Telefilm.
- While there is no minimum or maximum budget amount, Telefilm expects the following budgets:
- Feature films should be between $125,000 and $250,000.
- The average budget for narrative-based web projects will vary based on total duration of the project, but should generally not exceed $20,000 for a full 10 minute segment.
Please visit Telefilm Canada's website for further information on program guidelines and eligibility requirements.
CLICK HERE for Telefilm's Talent to Watch program guidelines.
CLICK HERE for Telefilm's Talent to Watch program FAQs.
- CFC Application Deadline: Friday, March 9, 2018. If interested in applying, please contact Nafisa Murji at email@example.com for further details.
- CFC Supported Project Decision: TBD
- Supported Project's Microsite Deadline: between April 16 - 23, 2018. Please see Telefilm's guidelines for the elements that will be required for microsite submission.
For any additional questions concerning the Telefilm Canada Talent to Watch Program, please contact Nafisa Murji at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The CFC is committed to providing accessible practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or have any questions regarding appropriate accommodations please contact Deborah Fallows, CHRO, at:email@example.com.