TELEFILM CANADA TALENT TO WATCH PROGRAM
Please note that Telefilm Canada will be posting the updated guidelines and program details for the 2018 Talent to Watch Program (formerly the Micro-Budget Production Program) shortly, which can be found here: https://telefilm.ca/en/financing/talent-to-watch.
OVERVIEW OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- The writer and director of the creative team must be recent alumni of CFC, from any of our programs, labs or initiatives. The producer may be non-alumni, provided they match the emerging talent criteria listed below.
- The key members of the creative team must be emerging talent:
- team members must already have produced, directed and/or written at least one short film (i.e. 30 minutes or less) but must not have produced, directed or written a feature length film (i.e. 75 minutes or more)
Please consult Telefilm’s guidelines once they are released for specific eligibility requirements.
Please CLICK HERE for Telefilm's Talent to Watch program overview.
CLICK HERE for Telefilm's FAQs.
- CFC Application Deadline: Applications are now closed. Check back soon.
- CFC Supported Project Decision: TBC
- Supported Project's Microsite Deadline: TBC (see Telefilm guidelines document for details).
Please note that the project eligibility requirements listed below are from the former Micro-Budget Production Program. As mentioned above, please consult the guidelines once posted by Telefilm for any updates or changes to the project requirements:
- As per Telefilm's guidelines, the project must be "fictional or documentary audiovisual projects produced in English, French, or an Aboriginal language that are either: feature length films of 75 minutes or more; or, any other type of narrative-based audiovisual content made in a format specifically designed for online audiences. These types of projects can be comprised of one or more segments which, in total, must be more than 10 minutes in length."
- All projects must be distributed on one or more digital platforms.
- Maximum budget must not be higher than $250,000.00.
If you are not a CFC alumnus/alumna and are interested in the Telefilm Canada Talent to Watch Program, please CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the main component, CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the Indigenous component, and CLICK HERE for a list of designated partners for the OLMC component
For any additional questions concerning the Telefilm Canada Talent to Watch Program, please email Nafisa Murji at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The CFC is committed to providing accessible practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or have any questions regarding appropriate accommodations please contact Deborah Fallows, CHRO, at:email@example.com.