ideaBOOST/Mind Pirate Production Lab
READY TO NAVIGATE THE NEXT CONSUMER MEGA TREND OF WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY?
Created in part by the CFC Media Lab and Silicon Valley-based Mind Pirate, the ideaBOOST/Mind Pirate Production Lab marks the first-ever program focused on developing games and consumer apps for the emerging smart glass consumer market.
What is the ideaBOOST Mind Pirate Production Lab?
- A three-month bootcamp for developers and companies that want to navigate the incredible potential of games on the next consumer mega-trend of wearable technology
- Opportunity to become an early mover in the wearables technology market including being the first to access Callisto, the only wearable technology game engine on the market
- A think-tank environment that brings together Google Glass explorers and pioneers to test and debate viable, new models of consumer engagement
- A learning opportunity that presents market leaders in wearables to engage with new companies
- Funding opportunity, including a $10,000 cash loan towards development costs, plus in-kind services
Want to know more? Visit www.ideaboost.ca/mindpirate.
A select group of innovative developers will be chosen to join a three-month program to learn, collaborate and co-create multi-platform games or other consumer experiences with a unique team of technologists and visionaries.
Developers will work with experienced Mind Pirate developers and will have early access to Mind Pirate’s Callisto platform – the only wearable technology platform on the market – to create 3D games and apps across both current (iOS, Android) and future (Google Glass and other wearables) mobile platforms.
Access to Cutting-Edge Technology
You will get access to cutting-edge technology and the opportunity to become an early mover in the wearables technology market, including being the first to access the only wearable technology game engine on the market, Callisto.
Tools to Engage the Market
As participants, you will be guided by audiences as you test your working prototypes with smart glass pioneers and adopters. With the audience engagement tools and framework, we will work with you to understand how to create, tweak and refine a market-ready app.
Access to Networks
The CFC will showcase all applications and company developments within the Lab at various high-profile events and industry forums.
For more information, please visit www.ideaboost.ca/mindpirate.ca.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- To be eligible to participate in the Lab, companies or experienced software developers must demonstrate a track record of producing and releasing games or other interactive consumer experiences in one of several key markets
- Applicants may be based in any country provided that the key participants attend obligatory onsite and remote events and mentoring sessions
Criteria Used to Choose the Six Winners
- Applicants will be judged based on both written and verbal applications with a focus on the strength of the company and team members, described creative vision, demonstrated technical capabilities, past work, other skills and experience
- Commitment of time and the participation of one or more senior developers, founders or senior executives in the required activities of the Lab over the three-month program
- Track record of making successful games or comparable consumer applications
- At least a first-generation product and/or have closed deals with at least one commercial customer
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and over
This program is currently closed.
For more information, please visit www.ideaboost.ca/mindpirate.
We are proud to have accelerated a roster of outstanding companies:
Smokebomb Entertainment is an award-winning digital-media production company creating groundbreaking original transmedia projects and engaging convergent extensions for television.
Little Guy Games is an independent game studio located in Toronto, Canada. Founded in 2009, the studio develops games for Android, iOS, PC, Mac and Google Glass.
Created in 1997, the Canadian Film Centre’s Media Lab (CFC Media Lab) provides a unique training, research and production think-tank environment for digital media content developers and practitioners, as well as acceleration programs and services for start-ups and SMEs in digital entertainment. Our facility is internationally-acclaimed and award-winning allowing participating developers and start-ups to produced innovative projects, build sustaining companies and emerge as leaders in the world of digital media.
Normative is a software design firm that helps organizations develop products, technologies and experiences for a networked world. Normative excels at solving problems at the intersection of human behaviour and networked technology, a capability they call “Design for the Network.”