CFC Media Lab Brings IDEABOOST to VRTO
By Margaret DeRosia ● June 13, 2018 13:10
VR demos that took place during the IDEABOOST Cohort 7 first weekend intensive.
The Canadian Film Centre’s Media Lab (CFC Media Lab) is bringing nine IDEABOOST-Network Connect companies to upcoming premier industry event, VRTO, the Virtual and Augmented Reality World Conference and Expo 2018. Running this Friday, June 16 through Monday, June 18 in Toronto, VRTO draws more than 80 speakers, 50 exhibitors, and key players on all things AR, VR and immersive media.
CFC Media Lab will showcase companies at two interactive booths in VRTO’s B2B Expo, one for these AR companies:
- AccessAR (Saturday, June 16 only): Helps brands and retailers offer a v-commerce experience with AccessARize, fashion’s first true-to-life, web-based Augmented Reality application for trying on accessories
- Geogram: A live storytelling app whose users capture, share and experience stories of life, as it is lived, using AR, such as this inspiring story of its use in global memorials for the Pulse Nightclub victims in Orlando, Florida
- LARGE: Offers a flexible toolkit for the creation of enriching location-based and AR experiences, such as this popular recent Jane’s Walk in Toronto’s Parkdale area
And a second booth for these startups:
- Breq Labs: Makes both AR and VR hand interaction accessible to users through a portable, lightweight, customizable device
- Flipside: The fastest way to create animated shows, recorded or streamed live, using nothing more than an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive
- Liquid Cinema: Enables filmmakers, journalists, advertisers and educators to create and distribute sophisticated cinematic VR
- Mirage VR: At Canada's first full-body VR destination, users can gear up for a new modes of battle, dance and exploration with friends, family or team
- PCPVR: Generates professional quality VR experiences via their platform-agnostic and future-proof technology
- U-Dimensions: Empowering users to create and customize their own 3D-printed game merchandise.
CFC Media Lab regularly draws from its network partners, like VRTO, to put the right startups in front of the right people. As a result, it generates opportunities for smarter networking, partnerships, strategy and commercialization in the companies that join IDEABOOST and Network Connect. Check out these highlights from VRTO and visit our booths this weekend: