CFC on TV: Alumni Projects Airing This Fall
By Cory Angeletti-Szasz ● September 21, 2017 10:25
We’ll be keeping busy this fall tuning into a whole range of new and returning TV series featuring work by CFC alumni, both in front of and behind the camera. From laugh-out-loud comedies to emotionally charged dramas, be sure to check out the following hotly anticipated series:
Bad Blood (photo courtesy of Rogers Media)
- Look out for CBC Actors Conservatory alumna Amber Goldfarb in Bad Blood, a six-part original series based on Montreal mobster Vito Rizzuto (played by Anthony LaPaglia). The series premiere airs Thursday, September 21 at 8 p.m. ET on City and was executive produced by alumni Mark Montefiore, Virginia Rankin and Josée Vallée.
Star Trek: Discovery
- Much-anticipated series Star Trek: Discovery makes its debut on CTV and Space on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 p.m. ET and features CBC Actors Conservatory alumni Emily Coutts and Patrick Kwok-Choon.
Alias Grace (photo courtesy of CBC)
- The long-awaited series premiere of miniseries Alias Grace, written and produced by alumna Sarah Polley, airs on Monday, September 25 at 9 p.m. on CBC.
Giacomo Gianniotti on Grey's Anatomy (photo courtesy of ABC)
- Actors Conservatory alumnus Giacomo Gianniotti returns as Dr. Andrew DeLuca in Grey’s Anatomy Season 14. Tune in to the two-hour season premiere on Thursday, September 28 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV.
- Check out the premiere of CTV’s gripping new original mystery event series The Disappearance, directed by alumnus Peter Stebbings, on Sunday, October 1 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.
Ten Days in the Valley
- Stay tuned to CTV on Sunday, October 1 to catch the buzzed about Ten Days in the Valley, starring Emmy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning actress Kyra Sedgwick, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The series sees a number of CFC alumni behind the camera: Tassie Cameron (writer/executive producer), Marsha Greene (writer/co-producer), Aubrey Nealon (co-executive producer), Chris Roberts (producer), and Sherry White (executive producer).
- Catch CBC Actors Conservatory alumnus Matt Murray in 9JLK, a new comedy from Mark Feuerstein (Royal Pains), premiering on Monday, October 2 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on Global.
Travelers (photo courtesy of Showcase)
- The highly anticipated second season of hit time-travelling series Travelers, starring Eric McCormack, returns to Showcase this fall, with the premiere airing on Monday, October 16 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The series is created, written and executive produced by Brad Wright, and CFC alumni Ashley Park, Pat Smith and Jason Whiting wrote for Season 2. Travelers was originally developed at the CFC in our 2014/15 Prime Time TV Program when Brad Wright was the Executive-Producer-in-Residence.
Slasher 2: Guilty Party
- Season 2 of thriller series Slasher, created and executive produced by Aaron Martin, returns on October 17 on Netflix -- just in time for Halloween. Catch CBC Actors Conservatory alumnus Lovell Adams-Grey as Peter Broome in Season 2, which is set in the remote Canadian wilderness and revolves around a group of former summer camp counsellors who are forced to return to the isolated campground to retrieve evidence of a crime they committed in their youth.
- Frontier returns to Discovery Canada on October 18 at 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT for the first of six episodes in Season 2. The second season sees a number of CFC alumni involved behind and in front of the camera: Sherry White (head writer/executive producer), Edwina Follows (executive producer), James Patrick (editor), Brad Peyton (director/executive producer), Brett Sullivan and Paul Fox (directors), and actors Jean-Michel Le Gal (as Commander Everton), Joel Thomas Hynes and Diana Bentley.
Frankie Drake Mysteries
- Catch the series premiere of Frankie Drake Mysteries, following Toronto’s only female private detective in the 1920s, on Monday, November 6 at 9 p.m. on CBC. The series is written, created and executive produced by alumna Michelle Ricci, stars actors alumnus Emmanuel Kabongo as boxer Moses Page and features fellow actors alumnae Gia Sandhu and Kelly Van der Burg.