Pretty Hard Cases
The Writers Guild of Canada has announced the finalists for the 26th annual WGC Screenwriting Awards, which will recognize and honour Canadian screenwriters and their scripts at a virtual ceremony on April 25, 2022. The finalists include a number of CFC alumni, whose storytelling on Canada’s most engaging and influential series, films, documentaries and webseries continues to shape and enrich the screen industry
Join us in congratulating this year’s nominees, and celebrating screenwriting excellence in Canada and at the CFC!
2022 WGC SCREENWRITING AWARDS ALUMNI FINALISTS
- Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum, “I am Temple Grandin” – Written by Charles Johnston
- Sort Of, “Sort of Back” – Written by Jenn Engels
- Family Law, “Mama Don’t Preach” – Story by Corey Liu, Teleplay by Sonja Bennett
- Murdoch Mysteries, “The Ministry of Virtue” – Written by Christina Ray
- Pretty Hard Cases, “Bananas” – Written by Tassie Cameron & Sherry White
- Wynonna Earp, “Life Turned Her That Way” – Written by Noelle Carbone
- Elinor Wonders Why, “Rocky the Rock” – Written by Katherine Sandford
- Paw Patrol, “Pups Save a Clown” – Written by Sean Jara
- Beast Mode 6ix – Written by Jeremy Boxen
TWEENS & TEENS
- The Parker Andersons I Amelia Parker, “Father & Sons” – Written by Ian Steaman
- The Parker Andersons I Amelia Parker, “This Wasn’t the Plan” – Written by Murry Peeters
Details on the ceremony, including registration, will be available soon at wgc.ca.
See the full list of finalists here.
Share this post: