CFC ANNUAL BBQ FUNDRAISER 2016
On Sunday, September 11, 2016, nearly 2,000 people from the screen-based entertainment industry gathered on the grounds of Windfields Estate for the 28th CFC Annual BBQ Fundraiser.
2016 BBQ HIGHLIGHTS
• Hosted by CFC Chief Executive Officer Slawko Klymkiw and CFC Founder and Chair Emeritus Norman Jewison, this annual event collects funds in support of CFC’s programs in the screen-based industries. The BBQ also celebrates the achievements of CFC alumni at TIFF.
• Amongst alumni, supporters and partners, CFC was honoured to host several special guests: the United States Ambassador to Canada, Bruce Heyman, and his wife, Vicki Heyman; Minister for Indigenous and Northern Affairs, MP for St. Paul’s, the Hon. Carolyn Bennett; former director of the CFC and producer, Peter O’Brien; Consul General of Canada in Los Angeles, James Villeneuve; and Toronto City Councillor, Don Valley East, Shelley Carroll.
• Thanks to the official entertainment sponsor, The Slaight Family Foundation, guests were able to be serenaded by some exceptional voices Adaline (Alumna, Slaight Family Music Lab) and Slaight Music artist Tomi Swick.
• Guests were treated to an assortment of provisions from our generous food sponsors, including 10tation Event Catering, Fat Lamb Kouzina Catering, Food Studio Catering, Gelato Fresco, Holts Café, Holy Cannoli, Lollicakes, The Mighty Cob, Nisos Importing, The Patera Group, Pizzaville, Quesada Burritos & Tacos and Schinoussa Imports. Beverages were also served, thanks to drink sponsors Crystal Head Vodka, Magnotta Winery, Mill Street Brewery, Brickworks Cider and Flow Water.
• CFC Media Lab was onsite at the Greenhouse, presenting the latest in room-scale virtual reality experiences from three of Toronto’s top digital media studios: Smokebomb Entertainment, Jam3 and Red Meat Games.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, supporters and volunteers that made this year's CFC Annual BBQ Fundraiser a hugely successful and memorable event!