Programs Intern (Summer Position)
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
April 26, 2021
Executive in Charge of Talent & Programs
April 09, 2021
September 03, 2021
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. CFC delivers a range of multidisciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media.
Provides logistical and administrative support to the CFC Programs department in supporting the day-to-day activities of core programs and key program events.
- Providing general administrative support to the Programs team in the planning and execution of program activities.
- Helping to facilitate room bookings and set-ups for sessions and workshops.
- Assiting with tracking and following up on guest/mentor materials including contracts, invoices and donations in kind.
- Assisting with updating the CFC website, online application forms and Salesforce database, as needed.
- Gathering alumni update, such as successes, information, project status and news
- Assisting with archiving program-related materials and compiling materials.
- Assist the department with special research projects relating to program goals and strategies.
Production & Post-Production:
- Acting as a production assistant on any CFC program-related shoots as needed
- Assisting Post Coordinator with various A/V setups at the CFC as required
- General assistance with Post-production administration, logging, filing, etc.
- Applicants should be working towards a degree or diploma in arts management, film and media production or a related field
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and manage time within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills - written and verbal
- Positive attitude
- Ability to organize, follow-up, plan, prioritize, and problem-solve
- Computer savvy and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Outlook
- Experience with web content management systems is a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 9, 2021 and indicate “Programs Intern” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.