Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
February 16, 2021
Executive in Charge of Talent & Programs
January 27, 2021
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable cultural organization that supports, develops and accelerates the content, careers and companies of Canadian creative and entrepreneurial talent in the screen-based and digital industries. Its uniquely designed programs and initiatives span film, television, screen acting, screen composing and songwriting, and innovative work in the digital media and entertainment technology industries, all of which continue to push boundaries and generate world-class content, products and companies for the global marketplace. cfccreates.com
Hours of Work: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (37.5 hours per week)
The CFC is looking to bring on board a motivated and passionate Manager of Programs to play a key role in the development and execution of the CFC’s core program offerings.
In the first year, this position will primarily be focused on delivering on the CFC’s Film Program, in addition to supporting cross over activities with the CFC’s other core programs.
A key member of the CFC Programs team, the Manager of Programs will work in a fast-paced environment, working to deliver on inclusive, innovative and high-quality professional development programming for creative screen talent. This outward facing position will engage with the industry-at-large, and is responsible for building on the CFC’s strong relationships with industry leaders while helping to expand the mentor/guest pool. Working closely with the CFC Programs team, the Manager is responsible for executing on strategic program and curriculum development, participating in the selection process, and ensuring that the highest quality of experience possible is maintained for the creators participating. This position will work closely to support the creators throughout the program and work to build strong relationships with CFC program alumni.
The CFC is seeking applications from individuals who have a strong interest and experience championing artists and who have previous demonstrated experience planning and delivering on inclusive and accessible programming.
Reporting to the Executive in Charge of Programs & Talent, the Film Program Manager will also work closely with the Associate Director of Programs & Content and Supervising Producer to deliver on the Film Program activities, in addition to key cross over activities with other core CFC Programs.
- Manage the application and selection process for the Film Program, including: reviewing all application materials, engaging external selection committees, and overseeing communication with applicants throughout all stages of the process.
- Manage and participate in the shortlisting and final selection process for the Film Program.
- Identify, foster and manage the engagement of national and international workshop leaders, guests and mentors to support program activities.
- Work closely with the Programs department staff and mentors to identify how best to support the creators in the Film Program and meet their individual needs throughout the program.
- Build and maintain the Film Program master schedule and weekly lab specific schedules for the Producer, Writer, Director and Editor labs, in addition to key cross over activities with other core CFC programs.
- Work closely with the Content, Production and Post teams to ensure that clear communication and processes are in place to meet program activity deliverables.
- Provide direction and support to the Programs admin team, to ensure the day-to-day administrative and logistical activities of the Film program are delivered on in a timely manner.
- Manage support staff as required.
- Manage the tracking of finances related to delivery of the Film Program.
- Manage the contracting process for all Film mentors and guests.
- Contribute to program reporting, proposals and stewardship as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing promotion of CFC residents and alumni
- Proactively identify opportunities with potential industry partners that are in line with the CFC’s program activities
- Attend select industry events to represent the CFC Programs department
- A passion for talent development, equity and inclusion in the arts and working with a team focused on helping artists achieve their goals
- 4+ years experience working in talent development or programming within the film industry, community arts and/or public programming
- Working knowledge of the screen industries and key industry trends
- Proven experience with project management
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills dealing with creators and stakeholders in a professional manner
- Established network in the local and global filmmaking community are considered an asset
- Experience or interest working in a non-profit environment
- Experience managing other staff or volunteers
- An energetic, self-motivated, client service-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (including Google drive, database software)
- Strong ability to work efficiently on many projects with varying deadlines, and anticipate priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Mature personal judgment, exhibiting a high level of professionalism and diplomacy
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends depending on program activity schedule
- Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at the CFC (2489 Bayview Ave) when a return to work directive is in place
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 20, 2021 and indicate “Manager, Programs” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.