Specialist, Social Media & Digital Communications
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
March 27, 2020
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC), celebrating 30 years, is a charitable cultural organization that supports, develops and accelerates the content, careers and companies of Canadian creative and entrepreneurial talent in the screen-based and digital industries. Its uniquely designed programs and initiatives span film, television, screen acting, screen composing and songwriting, and innovative work in the digital media and entertainment technology industries, all of which continue to push boundaries and generate world-class content, products and companies for the global marketplace. cfccreates.com
We are searching for a dynamic and creative individual to join our Marketing & Communications team as Specialist, Social Media & Digital Communications. This individual will have strong writing and design skills, experience managing social campaigns and corporate social media accounts, and a general knowledge of the Canadian film and television industry. This position will help build and execute CFC’s social media strategy in corporate fundraising and support all of CFC’s programs, initiatives and activities.
- Create and execute social media strategies to support various CFC events, programs and initiatives spanning film, TV, music, and screen acting
- Collaborate with Advancement team on social media strategies to support the cultivation and stewardship of annual, major, and planned gifts from alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations.
- Manage CFC’s social media platforms and maintain them with up-to-date, relevant and engaging company, alumni and industry (film, TV, music, acting) news
- Media monitor and curate a variety of brand-related topics and news/articles to post on CFC’s social media platforms
- Stay up-to-date with CFC alumni news to promote on CFC’s social platforms
- Plan, execute and manage budget for social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as necessary
- Engage in dialogue and monitor community feedback and engagement
- Monitor trends and encourage the adoption of new social media tools
- Plan and manage CFC’s weekly social media campaigns
- Use social network analysis tools; collect, interpret, and report on CFC’s social media statistics
- Provide social media support during CFC events and programs, including live tweeting events on evening and weekend events as required
- Promote social media within CFC; educate residents/staff on the importance of social media as well as the implementation of new technologies and campaigns.
- Design original assets for social media platforms using Photoshop and InDesign
Digital Communications & Website Management
- Design original assets for CFC’s website
- Help manage CFC’s website and develop content as requested
- Write, build and manage the send of CFC’s bi-weekly/monthly newsletter(s)
- Minimum three years’ experience in a relevant social media / communications / marketing role
- Demonstrated expertise in social media strategy and execution
- Knowledge of the Canadian film and TV industry
- Superior writing and editing skills; ability to write effective copy in a variety of different styles, and knowledge of writing for SEO
- Deep understanding of social media planning / buying across paid, earned, and owned channels
- Detailed knowledge of social media metrics and measurement
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) for designing social media assets
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to build and maintain relationships with CFC alumni, followers, influencers, etc.
- Experience with web development platforms; basic knowledge of HTML an asset
- Must be able to work collaboratively and inspire and influence those around them
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio link or three writing and design samples to email@example.com by March 27th, 2020 and indicate “Specialist, Social Media & Digital Communications” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.