Horticulturalist (Summer Position)
2489 Bayview Avenue
May 01, 2020
Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
February 28, 2020
August 31, 2020
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. CFC delivers a range of multidisciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media.
Located at Windfields Estate, the former home of celebrated Canadian philanthropist and entrepreneur, Edward Plunket (E. P.) Taylor, the designated heritage property features eight buildings, two woodlots, numerous hedgerows and gardens, and more than 200 specimen trees.
The Horticulturalist is responsible for employing best practices in care of the heritage gardens and the lawns. This position offers a diverse range of hands-on responsibilities.
- Monitoring the gardens and recommending best practices for horticultural care;
- Deploying the hoses and irrigation systems;
- Garden design including dividing and transplanting perennials
- Maintaining and augmenting the garden mulch;
- Watering, weeding and fertilizing the gardens and planters;
- Assisting with the design of seasonal planters;
- Maintaining the water feature;
- Combating garden pests and diseases: powdery mildew, etc.;
- Maintaining the gardening tools and equipment;
- Updating the CFC’s Landscape and Garden Report, and online landscape maps, documenting the gardens (photos, text and drawings);
- Assisting the Arborists, as required, with major projects; and
- Assisting the Operations and Events staff with special grounds keeping and event set-ups.
- Enrolled in or completed a horticultural, landscape architecture or environmental design post-secondary program;
- Enthusiasm for maintaining Ontario’s heritage;
- Poison licence an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020 and indicate “Horticulturalist” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.