Horticulturalist/Gardener (Summer Position)
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
May 13, 2019
Chief Financial Officer
April 13, 2019
August 30, 2019
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. CFC delivers a range of multidisciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media. Located at Windfields Estate, the former home of celebrated Canadian philanthropist and entrepreneur, Edward Plunket (E. P.) Taylor, the designated heritage property features eight buildings, two woodlots, hedgerows, ten gardens, and more than 200 specimen trees, excluding trees in the woodlots.
For further information and to view an interactive map of the CFC’s gardens visit: http://cfccreates.com/about/about-windfields
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team to help upkeep and maintain the grounds of the Windfields Estate. As a Horticulturalist/Gardener, you will be responsible for employing best practices in care of the gardens, lawns and water feature. This position offers a diverse range of hands-on responsibilities.
Summer contract, five (5) days per week
9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Compensation: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Note: proposed end date of August 30, 2019 is flexible.
Employing best practices in the care of the gardens, lawns and water feature.
- Watering the gardens and lawns
- Fertilizing the gardens and lawns
- Maintaining and augmenting the garden mulch
- Weeding the gardens
- Planting and watering the planters
- Maintaining the water feature
- Combating pests
- Staking the peonies, cone flowers and blue sea holly
- Dividing and transplanting perennials
- Managing the fruit harvest
- Cleaning and maintaining the gardening tools and equipment
- Updating the CFC’s Landscape and Garden Report, documenting the gardens (photos, text and drawings)
- Assisting the Arborist
- Assisting the Operations and Events staff with special groundskeeping and event setups
- Enrolment in a horticultural program in a college or university
- Experience in gardening work and knowledge of flower species
- Poison licence an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13, 2019 and indicate “Horticulturalist/Gardener” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.