Human Resources Assistant (Summer Position)
Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
June 11, 2018
Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
May 01, 2018
August 24, 2018
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant (Summer Position)
Type: Summer Contract (4 days per week)
Start Date: June 11, 2018
End Date: August 24, 2018
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Location: Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. A significant economic and cultural driver in Canada and beyond, CFC delivers a range of multi-disciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media, which provides industry collaborations, strategic partnerships, and business and marketplace opportunities for talent and participants.
The Human Resource Assistant provides support to the CHRO, which includes: general clerical duties, data entry, file maintenance, policy research, participation in the recruiting process and orientation.
- Post vacancies and recruitment information on various websites as assigned
- Receive, sort and file resumes and applications for vacancies that are currently advertised
- Schedule appointments for interviews and meetings
- Prepare materials for new employee orientation sessions and staff development
- Assist with general employee communications
- Proofread employment contracts and general correspondence
- Update HR employee database and ensure accuracy
- Update and cleanup of Salesforce database
- Review and update employee files to ensure that documents have been filed correctly
- Organization and maintenance of volunteer forms
- Follow-up with employees for completion of payroll and benefits documents
- Provide back-up assistance to reception as required
- Conduct research to assist the CHRO with employment policy updates
- Assist with special projects as necessary
- Applicants should be working towards a degree or diploma in Human Resources and returning full-time to college or university later this year.
- Superior judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work efficiently, both independently and as a part of a team.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Good understanding of the ESA.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2018 and indicate “Human Resources Assistant” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.