Canadian Film Centre, 2489 Bayview Avenue
May 01, 2017
Director, Operations & Special Projects
May 01, 2017
September 30, 2017
The Canadian Film Centre (CFC) is a charitable organization whose mission is to invest in and inspire the next generation of world-class Canadian content creators and entrepreneurs in the screen-based entertainment industry. A significant economic and cultural driver in Canada and beyond, CFC delivers a range of multi-disciplinary programs and initiatives in film, television, music, screen acting, and digital media, which provides industry collaborations, strategic partnerships, and business and marketplace opportunities for talent and participants. For more information, visit cfccreates.com.
The candidate will possess an enthusiasm for and a good working knowledge of best practices in heritage property maintenance. S/he will work with the Facilities Coordinators to achieve the highest standards in heritage property maintenance and meet or exceed specifications.
1. Building exterior maintenance:
- Repairs to wood, concrete and brick elements;
- Wall maintenance, including removing loose paint in accordance with approved heritage guidelines, as well as sanding, filing, priming and painting exterior walls;
- Ensuring water is properly diverted from the buildings by cleaning eaves, downspouts and window wells;
- Roof maintenance, including the removal of moss from cedar shingle roofs;
- Washing walls as required.
2. Window maintenance:
- Replacing broken panes with old glass and ensuring the glass is oriented properly;
- Refurbishing heritage fenestration: removing windows and frames; removing paint and putty; repainting wooden elements and restoring glass;
- Restoring rope pulley systems;
- Washing windows as required.
3. Fence construction and maintenance:
- Assisting with the construction of paddock fencing to match existing heritage fencing;
- Maintaining the stone and wooden perimeter fencing, including re-pointing stone pillars and replacing deteriorated rails and pickets;
- Clearing and restoring heritage tennis court fencing.
4. Special projects:
- Assisting with special construction projects as required.
5. Maintaining tools, including cleaning, oiling, sharpening and properly storing all tools.
- Enrolment in an engineering, architecture or building maintenance program at college or university;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Demonstrated interest in heritage building maintenance.
Compensation: $13 per hour.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 1, 2017 and indicate “Maintenance Intern” in the subject line.
The CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls please.